The California Native Plant Society is a statewide nonprofit organization seeking to increase understanding and appreciation of California's native plants and to preserve them in their natural habitat through scientific activities, education, conservation, and restoration.
The San Diego Chapter serves San Diego and Imperial counties. We invite you to come to our meetings and field trips, learn more about the flora of our state, and meet people who share your interest in native plants. You may email direct general questions about native plants or the chapter to email@example.com.
When you're a CNPS member, you help to preserve and protect California's native plants and places for generations to come. Members receive many benefits including free subscriptions to CNPS publications, access to fun activities, discounts, and more.
The mission of the San Diego Chapter of the CNPS is to conserve San Diego and Imperial County native plants and their natural habitats, and to increase everyone’s understanding, appreciation, and horticultural use of native plants.
CNPSSD envisions a future where:
• There is successful and continuing conservation of the full diversity of native plants and native vegetation in the San Diego and Imperial County region.
• The San Diego Chapter of the CNPS is recognized as a leader in providing reliable information on California native plants and their conservation.
• Native plants are widely used in home, commercial, and public landscapes as an alternative to water-consuming plants species.
• There is widespread increased public education on the values and aesthetics of native plants and native vegetation in the San Diego and Imperial counties Region.
• Elected officials and agency decision makers are aware of the effects of their actions and on the unique environmental resources in San Diego and Imperial Counties.
Banner photo by Tom Oberbauer