This event is held during the perfect planting season for those starting or supplementing a California native garden. There will be California native plants of just about every description from grasses to trees and shrubs, perennials to annuals, and even some succulents and ferns.
California native plants are optimal for saving water; attracting native birds, bees and butterflies; and preserving San Diego’s natural heritage.
The sale will be held in the Balboa Park’s Theater Courtyard between the Casa Del Prado Theater and Casa Del Prado and across from the West entrance of the San Diego Natural History Museum. Cash, checks and credit cards are accepted.
· 300+ different species of California native plants: trees, shrubs & perennials
· 100+ different species of California native seeds and bulbs
· Books, posters and merchandise for sale
· Members receive discount on all plants purchased
· Two presentations on native plant basics beginning at 12pm
· Curbside loading with careful assistance
· Ask Me experts to answer your questions
· Secure holding area provided
Proceeds support CNPS-SD, a 501(c)3 non-profit dedicated to the preservation and appreciation of native CA flora and the crucial habitat it provides for wildlife & people!
Download the master list of plants available for sale at Balboa Park on October 12. Note that due to circumstances beyond our control, some plant species on this list may become unavailable by the day of the sale